Have you been feeling "blue" and unable to shake the feeling that your life is hopeless? As a therapist in private practice sine 2011, I can help. Depression doesn't have to mean the end of your life as you knew it. It's just a sign that something isn't working right, and together we can set your life back on track moving towards a brighter, healthier future.
Here's what we know about depression:
According to information from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 5th Edition (DSM-V), a major depressive episode is defined as a "significant change from a previous mood state in which, for at least two weeks, you have suffered from 5 (or more) of the symptoms below":
- A depressed mood that lasts for most of the day throughout the two-week period
- A loss of interest or pleasure in the activities of your day
- Significant weight changes (e.g. loss or gain) and marked changes in appetite
- Fatigue or decreased energy
- All days, or nearly all days, punctuated by insomnia or hypersomnia
- Feeling worthless or excessively guilty (real or imagined)
- Psychomotor agitation or retardation
- Decrease in your ability to think, concentrate and make decisions
- Thoughts of death, suicidal ideation without a plan, or suicidal ideation with a specific plan
- These symptoms must have caused clinically significant impairment in social and occupational functioning
NOTE- These symptoms must not be the result of substance use or a general medical condition.
If you think the symptoms above describe your mood over the past two weeks or more, then it's time we talked. If you're in Jupiter Florida or nearby West Palm Beach, I would be happy to explore what's happening for you in a free 30-minute consultation. If we need more time, we can schedule it after our first meeting.
Depression can hold your life hostage and rob you of feelings of joy, happiness, and contentment. If left untreated, this disease can worsen. Depression is also high in individuals who consider or attempt suicide.
Together, we can work on helping you:
- Regain your interest and pleasure in life and all it has to offer
- Improve your sleep habits
- Attack negative thoughts and guilt
- Find joy and purpose in your life
- Get rid of fatigue and reenergize your days
- Help you feel like yourself again!
When it comes to healing your life, I sincerely believe there are no problems too big or too small to overcome. Don't let depression rob you of the joy in your life.
To begin the healing process, I can be reached for a free 30-minute consultation at 561-260-3617 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.